Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tell Me (a letter to *him*)

Tell Me

Please
Say what I need to hear
Tell me you don’t love me
That it was all a lie
That you never want to see me
Ever again
That you’ve gotten what you wanted
And now you’re done with me
That the game was played and I lost
Even if none of it’s true
I need to hear it from you

Tell me that you never felt anything for me
And make me believe it
So I can stop dreaming of you every night
Stop analyzing the ways I can make it right
The ways I messed it all up

Remind me of how you had an encounter with your ex
Tell me that it wasn’t a mistake
Wasn’t stupid
Meant the world to you
Tell me she’s everything you need
That I could never be

Don't tell me you love me
Don't point out the reasons why
Stop saying all of those beautifully sweet things
Words I didn't even realize I longed to hear
Breaking down
The walls around my heart
My tough persona

Tell me I’m too cold, too shallow
Not pretty, not well-groomed enough
Call me a “G” but without the joking nature
Or say what that previous cat said
What was it again?
‘You don’t know how to comfort your man’
Or something to that effect
Tell me these things and make me believe it
Help me re-box my feelings
By hurting them if necessary
(I think it’s necessary)
Whatever the case is
Please
Just tell me


1 comment: